If you bought a brand new car stereo, then the next thing that you need to put it to work is to install it in its place. But most people find it a bit confusing and prefer to take expert help to install their car stereo. We want to let you know that installing a car stereo is super easy to do; you only need to know how to do it correctly without making any mistakes. And here at this post, we are talking about how you can install your car stereo system if you don’t know anything about the installation process.
Before going forward to the installation process, there are some essential things that you must need to install the car stereo system.
- Essential Tools
It would be better if you keep the essential tools by your side while installing your car stereo; otherwise, you may face some difficulties during the installation process. Here we are talking about essential tools like wire strippers, wire crimpers, pry tools, nut drivers, and screwdrivers. If you have all these essential tools by your side, then you are good to go forward with the actual installation.
- Installation Accessories
Here we are talking about installation accessories like zip ties, butt connectors, wire harness, and dash kit or another mounter for mounting the stereo in its place. Many manufacturers present in the market provide all these installation accessory items out of the box to make the installation experience convenient for their customers.
Step By Step Installation of a Brand New Car Stereo
If you want to complete the installation process without getting end up with any mistake or broken stereo, then do make sure to follow the step by step installation process listed below.
- First thing first, disconnect the battery connection with the internal systems of your car; by doing this, you can ensure to avoid any short circuit while installing the car stereo.
- After that, it is time to disassemble the pre-installed radio or factory radio from its place so that you can install a brand new car stereo there. Make sure to do this step carefully, first remove the upper panels that present on the factory radio, then disconnect all the wiring with the central factory radio unit.
- Now it is time to set up the new stereo unit for installation; for this, you first need to connect the wirings of wire harness with the help of butt connectors. In this step, the wire crimper tool will help you a lot and make this process quite handy for you.
- And do make sure to connect the wire harness wire in a color-to-color manner. This way, you can ensure that your car stereo system properly works after you complete the installation process.
- Now organize the wiring with the help of zip ties, and screw up the dash kit or other mounter according to your stereo system type.
- After that, take the central unit of stereo and connect all the wirings of the car’s system to the central unit, then carefully place it on its position. Now screw up this whole system to ensure that it won’t leave its position, that’s it now you can reconnect the battery to run your car stereo system.